AO Campaign is an enterprise-strength product information and content management solution with extensive print capabilities, incorporating a wide range of tools for image management, page and PDF workflows and print output, in addition to web and digital channel content capture, delivery and automatic XML generation.
The system architecture is represented by the schematic:
- the Product ID, Code or SKU is the key to the
database solution - the Product at this level can have
unlimited field / metadata attributes.
- Product items are linked to the Product ID, in a
one-to-one, one-to-many, many-to-many relationship.
Each Product item can have unlimited fields,
- selections of Product items, from a selection of
Product IDs are gathered into collections for output to
multiple print and web channels. Each channel
collection can have unlimited fields / metadata
AO Importer is part of the AO Campaign product suite and import any files but is usually used to import Excel files and images (photos and illustrations) and link them to products in one smooth process.
If images have a consistent naming convention which includes the Product ID they can be automatically linked to their parent product or if not, then a heirarchy of folders can be automatically built from file, metadata attributes and user-defined business rules providing an easy-to-use method for production to check and link images to their parent / siblings or to attribute 'anchors'.
Image conversion of all file types including EPS and PDF for thumbnails and viewfile is integrated in AO Importer and image size / quality variations can be automatically generated from high-resolution originals for additional purposes; web variations, mobile, ePrint etc.
AO Campaign database structure 'Triangle'.
AO WebOrganiser (Portal) is both an administration module for user / group profile organisation by product groups, system features / functions and read, write, copy and delete permissions and also a product content / item editor and 'grouping' module for product and marketing teams.
AO WebOrganiser is used for:
- Entering new products, product ID, manufacturer,
description, comments etc. (including user defined
- Importing information i.e. prices, text, from outside
- Importing pictures and illustrations (fully compatible
with OPI etc.)
- Entering and editing product items:
- Text items
- Linking products to products
- Linking items to products
- Price items
- Image items
- Multiple items may be linked to a single product i.e.
for example, one or more pictures, prices and text
items can be linked to one or many products
- Anchoring of objects together to assist with multiple
language management, relevance attribution
- Generating editions (print, web or variations of
- Assigning product items to a specific page of a
specific edition i.e. in the form of a job bag
- Creating composite items (made from combining
fields, text and price items with literals). Fields can be
collapsible so that they will be ignored if they don’t
exist for a specific product
- Global replacement of items within an entire edition
(e.g. English text with French text or UK prices with
US prices to produce a separate language and/or
- Changing status of product, page, picture and
illustrations (e.g. marking a page as “Ready for
Production” or "Proof" which then automatically
updates the page and produces a PDF proof that is
saved into the database for viewing throughout the
- Comparison GUI for the comparing of newly-imported
products and data (such as via web services from
bed-banks) with the equivalent product / data already
approved and stored in the database
- Integration of XML and workflow tools
- Extensive, comprehensive, and advanced saved