• BA.com ancillary product is managed by AO Campaign
- Hotels, car-hire, destination, events
• 9% uplift in ancillary sales profit since introduction of
• 400,000+ products + data + content
- Millions of product items: copy, languages, images
• Product content is fed dynamically to BA.com •
• 6 languages (16 more in the pipeline)
• Multi-media asset management (planned)
Since adopting and going live with AO Campaign, AO UK’s suite of applications for the management of all land product content, British Airways has been successfully and profitably using the solution for the BA.com dynamic packaging initiative. AO Campaign supports the input, management, editing and delivery of all content for it's contracted land product on BA.com (http://www.britishairways.com/travel/flights-and-holidays).
In the first year of employing its dynamic packaging web site, BA profits rose by 9% on ancillary (land) product.
At BA, AO Campaign integrates seamlessly with its dynamic packaging system from OpenJaw Inc. This integration was built to OTA standard web service XML and enables AO Campaign to be linked to a range of dynamic packaging and product booking solutions.
It was for this and several other major reasons that BA originally chose the AO Campaign solution to meet its current and future business needs. AO Campaign includes a database structure that is configurable for travel and tourism, enterprise portal-portlet architecture and the various input and output capabilities for both offline and online B2B and B2C business models.
Also significant is the need to ensure brand protection and management of content from bed bank suppliers. AO Campaign has a content comparison module, whereby supplied bed bank content can be imported and compared with already existing branded copy. Changes can then be checked, approved and updated accordingly.
Mark Evennett, BA Project Manager commented “We’re very pleased to have now completed the second phase of working with AO and implementing AO Campaign with our new dynamic packaging solution for land product and delivering approved online content to the BA.com web site”.
AO look forward to working with British Airways, in the current climate of mergers and acquisitions, in utilizing the new and additional multi-language and multi-media capabilities of AO Campaign, and implementing a wider range of rich content alongside the future enhancements of BA.com.
• Flight Centre is a $15 billion travel company with over
15,000 employees. The company owns Liberty Travel
• AO Campaign produces dynamic personalized, point of
sale enriched quotes, invoices and itineraries
• Multiple inventory, destination and content data sources
imported via business-rule controlled API Connectors
• Solution live in over 1,000 stores in Australia, with global
rollout to follow
Quote, Invoice, Itinerary Solution
• Customer requests flight quote
• System pulls relevant destination, hotel, transfer, sights,
health & safety, visa details
• Enriched Quote printed out and emailed to customer
• Any cross-sell products selected by customer are
dropped from Invoice but appropriate add-on product
reminders are promoted
• Enhanced up-lift on sales
Brochure Production Solution
Flight Centre brands could produce their printed brochures using the same central database of product data and content that Flight Centre uses for the point-of-sale customer documentation but would have a different set of users logging into the database; product teams and brochure design and production teams.
The Jetset Travelworld Group incorporates the Qantas Holidays and Travel IndoChina brands in addition to 24 other wholesale, retail and corporate travel brands.
All of the Qantas Holiday brochures are produced using AO Campaign.
AO is currently in the process of consulting with JTG about the next stages of the groups expansion plans.